Code of Hammurabi
Laws inscribed a 7 foot tall stone slab enshrined in the temple of Marduk borrowed from Sumerian clay tablets that have been found dated 2200 B.C.E. Punishment based on law of retaliation: "an eye for an eye"
tags: an eye for an eye. code of hammurabi. babylonia. babylonian. ancient. history.
- adrianacarolynbluesorbone reblogged this from thebacchant
- theastralchaos reblogged this from vellocetplus and added:
- el-khabeesa reblogged this from vellocetplus
- vellocetplus reblogged this from thebacchant
- ximelolagnia reblogged this from rip-roaringdrunk
- convivirconelmar likes this
- photogear likes this
- rip-roaringdrunk reblogged this from thebacchant and added:
- makoto5 reblogged this from thebacchant
- lucyvanpeltt likes this
- thebacchant posted this